Anne Mini, of the fabulous Author! Author! blog has nominated EXTRA CRITICUM for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thanks, Anne! Anne's a wonderful writer and one of those few generous souls who isn't content to just enjoy the fruits of her own gifts; she devotes herself to helping other writers blossom through her savvy editorial and business advice. And now she's nominated us for this award so we luvh huh even more!
Two requirements of accepting this honor are: revealing seven things E.C. readers may not know about us and nominating seven other wonderful blogs. So here goes:
First our nominations:
1. That Sounds Kül, Aaron Riccio's marvelous blog about NY Theatre. Aaron so often gets it, in ways other critics don't. We applaud him for his smarts and for his good-natured attitude. Plus, reading his blog is always lots of fun.
2. Adam Thurman's Mission Paradox, a fascinating blog about Arts Marketing. We learn stuff from Adam that can't be found anywhere else on the web. He tells it like it is. No time for bull.
3. Ted Hope's Truly Free Film, a place where a seasoned producer who was behind so many of the great indie titles of the past three decades, let's it all hang out and offers his ideas on how indie filmmakers can survive in a world where it's harder and harder to get noticed.
4.The Mirror Up to Nature, a Boston-based theatre blog that's just really really smart and spot-on most of the time... except when they disagree with us, but no one's perfect.
5.The Producer's Perspective, where Ken Davenport shares his insights and opinions on what's happening and what ought to be happening more in theatre today.
6.The Clyde Fitch Report. Okay, this isn't really a blog anymore, it's now an empire, but it's remained interesting, relevant and smart, in spite of its success. Bravo, Leonard!
7.Parabasis, an online journal of culture and politics, which, frankly, the world could do with a whole lot more of. Fact is, it's covered very well here, and often with good humor.
Now, seven things you may not have known about EXTRA CRITICUM bloggers:
1. Six of us have quit jobs we were wrong for without having another job to fall back on.
2. One of us was a clown.
3. One of us worked undercover ops. for the FBI.
4. One of us dropped out of Harvard.
5. Two of us are Emmy winners.
6. One of us is a Tony voter.
7. Two of us have worked on Oscar-nominated films.